This Privacy Statement applies to Ventia Pty Limited and its related bodies corporate (Ventia).
Ventia is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals. To deliver on this commitment to privacy, Ventia will comply with the legislation and regulations of the countries in which it operates.
Ventia is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) (the Act), the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained within the Act and the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the NZ Act) (collectively, the Acts). All employees, and officers of Ventia, and business partners that do business with Ventia, are required to comply with the Acts and this Privacy Statement.
Information or opinions which are collected, held, used or disclosed by Ventia about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, will be protected by the standards outlined in this Privacy Statement.
To deliver its commitment to privacy, Ventia will:
- be bound by, and comply with, the APPs under the Act in relation to personal information make available this Privacy Statement to all employees, officers and business partners to promote awareness of their requirement to comply with our privacy standards, and to anyone else who asks for it
- ensure that lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to collect personal information that is necessary for its business purposes
- collect sensitive information only with the individual’s consent and not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual’s consent or where permitted to do so by law
- take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when there is no further need for it or Ventia is required to do so by law
- take reasonable steps to ensure that only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep personal information confidential have access to the information
- take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete
- provide individuals access to their personal information on request periodically review and revise this Privacy Statement and related documents to maintain relevance.
Ventia recognises and respects the importance of each individual’s privacy. This Privacy Statement and related documents ensure all personal information held by Ventia is handled appropriately and kept confidential.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW?
Ventia will only collect personal information to the extent that it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of its business.
Ventia may collect the following types of personal information:
- information about potential employees including application forms, resumes, interview notes, references, names and contact details of referees, and pre-employment medical information current employee information including name, addresses, email, telephone numbers, tax file numbers, bank account details, next of kin details, date of birth, gender, salary, superannuation funds, licences, memberships, qualifications, passport details and medical information
- information about business partners including current and potential clients, consultants, subcontractors, suppliers and industry participant’s third party information obtained through contact made via our websites.
- Ventia collects personal information orally, in writing, by telephone, via email and via its websites. Ventia collects information in a number of ways including:
- on its websites, for job applications or email queries
- as it establishes payroll records for employees through the ongoing management of employees during their time with Ventia
- by collecting client, supplier and business partner information as part of the ongoing management of its business relationships.
Personal information must be collected in a lawful and fair manner and the collection must be reasonably necessary for the functions and activities of Ventia. Sensitive personal information must only be collected with consent,
WHAT DOES VENTIA USE PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
Any personal details you provide will be used for the purpose for which it was provided. This may involve disclosing your personal information to related bodies corporate within Ventia, or to service providers who assist in operating Ventia’s business. All of these organisations are required to comply with the principles of this Privacy Statement.
If you upload your resume to any of Ventia’s websites, you give express consent to use, disclose and store your personal information for the purposes of potential recruitment by Ventia or one of its associated joint ventures or related bodies corporate. When it is considered the information is no longer needed, any details that will identify you will be removed or we will take reasonable steps to destroy the information. Any filed resumes will be secured and protected from unauthorised access.
If your request is for company newsletters or other material, your details and information about the newsletters, or the material you wish to receive will be held on the client database and used for the purpose of administering your subscription or request. Your email details may be used to contact you from time to time to provide you with information about Ventia.
With regard to other interactions through which personal information is obtained, your details will only be accessible to and used by, appropriate personnel. Ventia does not use or disclose any personal details you provide for the purposes of direct marketing.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
In some circumstances Ventia may disclose personal information to entities located outside Australia, including to its own related bodies corporate, third party service providers and business partners.
These entities are required to comply with this Privacy Statement. Ventia will only make such disclosures to achieve the purpose for which the information was provided. Otherwise, Ventia’s policy is not to disclose any personal information to any unrelated third party, except with your consent, or where permitted by law to do so.
There are certain safeguards which must be met before transferring personal information outside Australia. These are set out in the Acts. When disclosing information overseas, Ventia will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient will handle the information in a manner consistent with the Acts.
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL OF INFORMATION
Ventia will only keep personal information it needs for the purpose for which it was collected. Ventia will take reasonable steps to dispose of such information when it has no further need to use it, or it is required by law to do so.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES VENTIA COLLECT VIA ITS WEBSITES?
Ventia’s websites allow contact with Ventia for the purpose of requesting information about Ventia or making other enquiries.
By submitting the feedback form, you provide certain personal information which may include your name, email address and any other details you include in your form. This information is collected for the purpose of dealing with your request. Ventia may not be able to deal with your request without this information.
No other personal information is collected via Ventia’s websites.
Any emails you send or receive will be automatically checked for viruses and copied for email archives. Ventia’s IT administrators may have access to emails to manage email security.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
You should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. However, Ventia uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information collected, in whatever format, is held securely.
In addition, only authorised personnel have access to personal information and are required to comply with this Privacy Statement.
A cookie is a small text file downloaded onto the user’s computer or mobile device when they access a website. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website’s owners and third parties.
Cookies do not identify the user as an individual, but do identify the computer or mobile device they use to access the internet and can therefore be used to collect information about the person’s use of the internet. Cookies do not allow access to any information stored on the user’s computer or mobile device.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, Ventia will provide you with access to the information held about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the APPs. If you are refused access to the information, you will be provided with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the APPs.
Ventia takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date whenever we collect or use it. If personal information held about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please let us know so that we can correct this information.
You can access your personal information and notify any change, modification or correction, by contacting Ventia’s Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com.
COMPLAINTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have a complaint or require further information about how Ventia handles personal information or privacy issues please contact Ventia’s Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
From time to time it may be necessary for Ventia to review and revise this Privacy Statement. Ventia reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be advised by posting an updated version on Ventia’s website.
The Privacy Officer
Ventia Pty Limited